7 Best Outdoor Playset Reviews-Buyer Guide 2019
If your kids have been pushing you for buying the outdoor playsets from a long time and you are unable to refuse, you can always choose the cheap outdoor playsets with all the features. The happiness of kids is most important, but if price is something that is keeping you at a bay, then here are a few options that you can explore.
Top 10 Kids Outdoor Play set Reviews
Little Tikes Shady Jump n Slide Bouncer
The Little Tikes Shady Jump n Slide Bouncer is one of the most popular bouncers on the market for kids ages 3 – 9 years old. There are quite a few reasons this model is so popular from the quick and easy set up and break down, to the fact that it is made kid tough and can handle almost anything your kid or kids can throw at it.
The bouncer measures approx. 108 x 144 x 72 inches giving plenty of room for multiple children to play inside. It also has a canopy top to keep the sun from beating down on the kids while they are bouncing. Another great thing about the size is it is large enough for a few kids to play in but, still small enough that it can actually be set up indoors as well as outside so if you have a large room this will work perfectly in there as well. And with a 250 pound weight limit, some adults can even join in on the fun.
- 2 mesh doors for entry with a hook and loop closure.
- Arched canopy to keep the sun out.
- Powerful blower so it sets up in seconds.
- Stakes to keep it from moving around the yard.
- Little Tikes Bouncer
- Mesh storage for shoes on the side.
- Made of heavy duty, puncture resistant material – built to last.
- Also comes with a repair kit just in case.
- Storage bag makes it easy to put away and take on the go.
- Easy to set up and take down, even for one person.
- Can be used both indoors or outdoors.
- Can hold multiple kids, perfect for play dates and parties.
- Kid love it.
- Fan can be a bit noisy but any bouncer will have that, a powerful fan is going to make some noise.
- Mesh doors could be kept closed in a better way, they can open easily when the bouncing starts.
Step2 Clubhouse Climber
The Step2 Clubhouse Climber reminds me of the play sets you see at many of the local parks today only smaller.
These sets are constantly packed when you go to the park and now you can have this smaller version right in your backyard.
Made for children ages 2 and up this Climber has everything needed to keep the kids outside, occupied and using their imaginations. There are 2 rooms, the main clubhouse and the lookout tower which are attached by a small bridge. Plenty of windows to see out and inside and a crawl through underneath as well.
Just like the ones on the playground, this is sure to be a big hit with your child and all his friends. It’s also very well made so you will get years of enjoyment out of it making it the perfect starter, backyard playground.
- 2 slides making it easy for more then one child to share in the fun.
- Plenty of windows as well as a skylight in the main clubhouse.
- Steering wheel, easily transforms your clubhouse into a Pirate ship or anything else your child can imagine.
- Crawl through tunnel and hideout underneath.
- Climbing ladder with hand rails for younger children.
- Cool bridge connecting the clubhouse to the lookout tower.
- Made of sturdy plastic so it will last.
- 2 Slides are better then one.
- Doesn’t take up the whole backyard and looks nice.
- Easy to clean
- Kids love it!
- Could have better instructions, some have reported them lacking in detail.
- Slides could be a little longer.
Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set
The Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set is the perfect way to keep your little ones outside and active.
Recommended for ages 2-6 years old this set has 2 swings, a climbing wall, rope ladder and a slide. Part clubhouse and part swing, this set has everything a child could want in an outdoor playset.
The set is easy enough to put together and can be done in a couple of hours with 2 people.
It’s also made of sturdy plastic making it easy to clean and take care of.
Because this is a smaller set meant specifically for younger children it will fit in most any yard without taking the whole thing up as well.
- 2 Entry ways to the clubhouse either by climbing wall or rope ladder.
- Steering wheel which converts the clubhouse to a pirate ship, race car or anything else your
- child can imagine.
- Outdoor Playset
- 2 swings and hardware.
- Anchors as this must be anchored down.
- Perfect size for little ones.
- Easy to set up and maintain.
- 2 swings and 2 ways to climb make it perfect for more then one child.
- Sturdy, this will last for years to come.
- Doesn’t take up the whole yard.
- Your child will outgrow it. By age 6 or 7 they will probably be too big for it.
Step2 Play Up Double Slide Climber
The Step2 Play Up Double Slide Climber is a simple yet fun little play-set geared towards children ages 2-6 years of age.
The set is a great starter for the little ones as well as the perfect size if you’re looking for an outdoor playset that will not take over your whole yard.
This set is also perfect if you have more then one child or multiple children over for regular play dates as it has both a ladder and climbing wall to get up and 2 slides to come down. There is also a steering wheel to engage children’s imagination when playing on this set making it more then just
a climber or slide set.
- Two tiered platforms, each with their own slide.
- A ladder with easy to use handrails on one side and a climbing wall on the other.
- Steering wheel for imaginative play.
- Durable and easy to clean poly construction.
- Big enough for multiple children yet does not take up too much space.
- Holds up to 180 pounds.
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Perfect for more then one child
- Takes up very little space
- Very sturdy, does not wobble or tip at all.
- None really other then the fact your child will eventually outgrow this set, which is a shame because until that time they will simply love this set.
Step2 Cascading Cove Sand and Water Table
The Step2 Cascading Cove Sand and Water Table is a fun way for kids to play with 2 of the things they love most, sand and water.
Most kids love to dig, sculpt and create with sand and when it comes to water their imaginations run wild. Just think about all the beach toys and bath toys that are available and how many you probably have yourself.
This all in one table gives you the best of both holding up to 10 pounds of sand and 3 gallons of water. It has adjustable legs so as your child grows you can raise the table. There are tons of activities to keep your child active and creative from building sand castles, to having their own water world adventure, to making mud pies and more. This is a great toy for sparking imaginative play.
- Duel sided table, one for sand and the other for water.
- Adjustable legs to grow with your child.
- Recommended for ages 2 to 15 for years of use.
- Removable umbrella for protection from the sun.
- Molded plastic table cover with roadways for more playing options.
- 7 piece accessory set.
- 2 separate sides for water and sand, both things that kids love to play with.
- Promotes imaginative, creative play.
- Kids still love using it when they get older so it will get a lot of use.
- Easy to drain.
- Easy to assemble.
- Adjustable legs so it grows with your child.
- The umbrella is a little small but probably would make the table unbalanced if it were bigger.
- Water side is a little small so it’s hard to get some toys in.
TIPS FOR SELECTING OUTDOOR PLAYSETS
Selecting the outdoor playsets can be a little tedious task, especially if you are doing it for the very first time. Nevertheless, a few simple tips can help you in selecting the most idealistic playset for your outdoor area.
Consider the features
The outdoor playsets can be available in various materials, but it is very important that you should be specific about your requirements. It would be good if you analyze beforehand what features you are looking for. Everyone may have different requirements here. Durability should always be considered. Apart from this, you can first heck out certain outdoor playsets and then decide what all features you need.
Usually the bigger outdoor playsets which have a lot of features do not come pre-assembled. You should always consider whether the assembly of the outdoor playsets is simple, average or too tormenting. Sometimes, the companies might offer to assemble the outdoor playsets for you. Check for all these things. Besides, there can be some playsets that need proper installation which only professionals can do. So make sure that you ask the salesperson regarding this and if there are additional charges of assembling.
Consider the add-on features
Even though it is not the mandatory rule, but you should always consider the add-on features as well. For example, some of the outdoor playsets may be multipurpose, as in; they might turn into pirate ship or something like this. So itâ€™s always good to check for the add-on features because they can offer huge value for money.
Consider outdoor playsets with coverings
Because you are choosing the playsets for the outdoor purpose, so it is always good to consider the ones that have roof-top. This will keep the child protected from adverse weather, while also letting him/her enjoy. Many of the outdoor playsets come with tents or the sun-roofs and they can be very good for the kids.
Take the kids along
It can always be good to take your kids along while you go shopping for the outdoor playsets. After all, you are shopping for them. So it is always advised that kids be taken along on shopping for these playsets. Besides, it will give you a fair idea whether the outdoor playsets are apt for your kids as per their weight and height or not.
Today outdoor playsets are available in a range of colors and designs as well as the patterns. They can be apt for gracing your outdoor area, if you choose the most appropriate one!