Hardwood floors are not only artistically pleasing, but they also boost the property value of your house. Though hardwood floors add splendor to the room in a home, they are hard to clean without harming the surface. So, to clean a hardwood floor without damaging its surface, you need the best vacuum for hardwood floors that are specifically designed to clean them. While many vacuum cleaners advertise that they work wonderfully on hardwood floors, very few actually do it well. We are here to help you to select the best vacuum for hardwood floors and to determine what to look for when purchasing a vacuum online.
What We Considered Regarding the Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
The vacuum cleaner is one of the most common household appliances, but available technologies have evolved significantly in recent years. So the best vacuum for hardwood floors cleaner is getting more difficult to make.
Currently, the most common types are vacuum bag and bagless vacuum cleaners, both have the advantages and disadvantages. However, few users know that are sold in stores, especially vacuum cleaners or vacuum vertical wash function, which is useful in certain situations.
Besides this, the acquisition of a vacuum cleaner has to take into account other seemingly less important factors such as the type of nozzle (brush), engine output, the type of surface you want to aspire, noise or size and weight.
In this article, we will review each of these issues in order to make the right purchase according to the needs and the budget that you have available. In general, an ordinary vacuum cleaner is made up of a central body (that collects dust), brush suction nozzle or hose nozzle (that connects the central body) and power cord.
Choosing a Vacuum Cleaner is not Always Easy
Types of vacuum dust collection method depending on how it is stored dust, best vacuum cleaners there are several main types:
- Vacuum bag: the most popular type of vacuum cleaner bag is where dust is sucked into a paper bag or cloth. Typically, the bags of fabric can be emptied and reused, but the paper is disposable. If disposable vacuum cleaner bag, looking for a product whose seal automatic bag filling, for better hygiene.
- Bagless vacuum cleaner: it has become increasingly popular and involves vacuuming dust in a plastic tub. Although eliminates the need to buy bags, drum is difficult to clean, because dust can spread easily in the air, but some compressor models also feature dust in a relatively compact block.
- Upright vacuum cleaner: useful for small surfaces, vertical vacuum cleaner usually operates with batteries and allows efficient dust extraction in a small plastic bowl, usually in the form of glass. The performances are about as large as in ordinary vacuum cleaners, upright vacuum but are 2-3 times more expensive than traditional ones.
- Cleaner wash: is a vacuum which includes a container with water and detergent to wash the carpet during cleaning. It is helpful for families with small children or pets that often dirty carpet, but has the disadvantage that is higher, harder and thus more difficult to use.
- Other types of vacuum cleaners : vacuum cleaners on the market there is hand useful for vacuuming dust from sofas or other small areas, and where dust is retained in the device head. Not missing the vacuum lint and glass, which also have spray detergent.
How to Choose The Right Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
On the market, there are many types of vacuum cleaners. Inform yourself well before you buy. Types of nozzles and brushes: A vacuum cleaner nozzles and brushes, exactly parts in direct contact with the suction surface, are often completely ignored by buyers, despite the fact that they play a crucial role in the performance of the vacuum cleaner. Contrary to appearances, the power depends not only dust extraction vacuum motor power in watts and promoted as one of the main characteristics of the product, but also the quality and construction of nozzles and brushes.
It is important to choose a cleaner that offers a wide range of accessories like nozzles and brushes and use them depending on the type of surface on which a vacuum cleaner as:
- Hard floor nozzle : as the name suggests, this type of nozzles are useful to aspirate dust on the floor.
- Turbo nozzle : they have a stronger absorption system useful for extracting dust and dirt embedded in carpet or carpet and hence are more difficult to clean.
- Motor nozzle : some benefit from a small motor nozzles allowing an absorption better for carpets.
- Narrow nozzle : this small nozzle is useful for cleaning narrow places such as a radiator elements or the space between the door and the wall.
- Upholstery nozzle and brush : Some cleaners (few, that’s right) wine including upholstery nozzle with a soft brush or tools that can be used to dust on the furniture or chairs.
When purchasing a vacuum cleaner take care of the types of nozzles included
The power vacuum and suction power: As mentioned above, manufacturers, in particular, promote the overall strength of the vacuum cleaner and the market will find special devices in minimum 1600 W. However, this feature offers you the best clue on electricity consumption.
To learn effective power vacuum, read the right amount of suction power. Also, expresses in watts (W), it is significantly less than the total power of the vacuum cleaner but gives you a much better indication of the degree of dust absorption. Currently, most vacuum cleaners have a suction power of 300-450 W, while cheap vacuums generally have a suction power of 200-300 W.
Other items to check when buying a vacuum cleaner.
Besides the type of container for storing dust and brush type nozzle or suction power, buying a vacuum cleaner must be careful and other issues, even if apparently not very important :
- Gathering capabilities : the amount of dust that can be sucked into the vacuum container is measured in liters. Typically, bag vacuum cleaners have a collection capacity of 3-6 liters, while in the case of the bagless vacuum cleaner plastic tank has a capacity of 1-3 liters. Thus, if a large housing, we recommend that you choose a vacuum cleaner with a greater collection capacity.
- HEPA filter : most vacuums November features a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulated Air) which is designed to retain dust particles during suction. It is useful both to avoid dust in the room, but especially for people allergic to dust. There are several levels of filtration since numerous engraved on the HEPA filter is higher, the more it will retain particles.
- Wheel type: if you use the vacuum cleaner on the floor, looking for a vacuum cleaner with wheels made of soft material to avoid scratching the surface.
- Power cable: must have sufficient length to not have to change too much electrical outlet.
- Noise: The noise level generated by a vacuum cleaner is an important factor to consider, as a silent vacuum cleaner is a pleasure to use. Remember that noise is measured in decibels (dB) and an ordinary conversation generates about 60 dB. For each 6 to 10 dB in addition, the noise level is doubled, so that a vacuum will be about 80 dB louder than twice one of 70 dB.
How to maintain a vacuum?
Like almost every other household object appliance and vacuum cleaner needs frequent maintenance, especially on filters. Manufacturers recommend changing the filter outlet once a year. The vacuum cleaner bag filter should be replaced after about five uses. The bagless vacuum cleaner filter must be replaced after collecting five uses.
But these are manufacturers’ recommendations, which in some cases deliberately exaggerates these values to guide you to buy new filters more often. We believe that it is best to check filters regularly and replace them only when they are visibly dirty and believes that there is equally effective dust extraction.
List of Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors in 2019
Recommendations of vacuum cleaners: On the market, there are numerous vacuums and a list of the most popular vacuum cleaners from Romania find here. However, we have selected some recommendations covering the segment of hardwood floor vacuum:
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away
The particular Shark Rotator Lift-Away Professional vacuum model can be authorized from the Carpeting as well as Green area rug Initiate regarding use on almost all carpeting and rugs as well as rugs. Strong suction sees each of the dirt you can view, as well as cleans away the particular stuck dirt people can’t. Successfully washes different types connected with materials, which includes uncovered surfaces.
Innovative cyclonic technological innovation that will divide great dirt in the atmosphere, blocking dirt by clogging the particular filtration systems as well as keeping suction energy powerful with time. Through the first make use of towards the very last place, due to drop washing energy. Shark’s Anti-Allergen Comprehensive Seal Engineering along with outstanding HEPA filtration to help catch as well as maintain above 99. 9% connected with particles as well as contaminants in the air within the cleaner, not necessarily back in the environment people inhale.
Connection as well as High quality Puppy Equipment A supplementary big volume particles pot attributes light ease well suited for quickly washing stairs, upholstery as well as getting at tiny, tough to succeed in areas all-around your property as well as car. The particular Navigator incorporates the particular copyrighted Dust-Away tough floor addition – any a single action dried up floor washing program that will utilize highly effective suction to help cleaner the debris you can view, along with a microfiber sleeping pad that will wipes aside the littlest allergens you can not notice. Strong puppy attachments easily and quickly lift up puppy curly hair along with other ground-in dirt by carpeted stairs, upholstery along with other materials.
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Enhance day-to-day cleaning with this modern, functional stay machine which provides upright performance together with Reduce Free Lithium-Ion battery. It’s the only real stay machine together with Haier WindTunnel technological innovation as well as cyclonic filtering. Anyone can clean-up devoid of ever before getting find a store.
Product or Service Capabilities :
- Powered Brushroll together with WindTunnel Technological know-how.
- Lift deeply along soil via new carpet to help challenging surfaces.
- User-friendly Energy Adjustments.
- Conveniently located in which they ought to be—right when you need it.
- Power supply Fuel Gauge Instantaneously observe a lot electric battery lifetime Linx features left.
- Side Clean-up Bristles.
- Edge-to-edge cleaning offers you closer usage of walls as well as edges.
- Large Clean-up Pad.
- Protect additional area as well as lessen cleaning time period.
- Base Discharge Dust Mug.
- Obtain a hassle-free cleanup devoid of taking your arms dirty.
Additional Information LINX :
- Cord-free Fade-Free.. Lithium-Ion Power supply Program — interchangeable electric battery together with charger.
- Low Page Bottom — suits below countertop tips as well as household furniture.
- Serious Recline Deal with — reach considerably below household furniture easily.
- 2-year warrant.
Hoover SpinScrub Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Be it spilt coffee, puppy stains, urine stains, vino or maybe some other older stains acquired in recent times, this Hoover SpinScrub seems to operate like a charm. We all tested this equipment about the two lush as well as berber rugs and yes it cleaned effectively about the two ones. Several users furthermore reported great final results together with both forms of rugs.
One of the primary grouses of by using a carpet cleaning service equipment or possibly an expert clean-up service will be the time it will take the rugs for you to dry. It is one particular level the Hoover SpinScrub produces effectively about. Its suction process has been created to draw out all the H2O through the laundered rugs as you can Concurrently, the equipment is designed to circulation warmed up atmosphere towards carpeting so that it dries faster.
Several users are generally stunned however truly happy with how quickly the rugs dry (within 3 hours) from clean-up. Some get said that the newly cleaned rugs dry out truly rapidly, compared to the ordeals together with some other devices as well as expert companies, which could stretch out a full evening as well as longer.
Bissell Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum
The Bissell Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum is a powerful machine, yet cleans delicately to protect your floor surfaces. It comes with non marking rubber wheels with felt treads. It is compact and lightweight. It is easy to maneuver and store. It features suction control to safely clean delicate surfaces like drapes and upholstery. You can control vacuum activity by fingertip control. It allows you to power the vacuum.
Panasonic Bagless Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Panasonic Bagless Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a bag less, lightweight hardwood floor cleaner. It comes with powerful 11 amp Motor, hepa filter, and multi-Angle suction Nozzle. The Multi-Angle Suction Nozzle allows the 8 inch nozzle to be maneuvered into tight or narrow spaces while keeping the nozzle flat against the surface being cleaned. It also features 360 Degree 6 Foot Swivel Hose connection that allows you to clean in any direction with out the hose becoming twisted. The Panasonic Bagless Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner is good for bare floors and not carpet.
Choosing the household vacuum cleaner is not easy because you must pay attention to a number of issues and technical characteristics. Do not limit yourself to the selection of a bagless vacuum cleaner or, but check carefully what type of nozzles and brushes and which has the real power vacuum. Analyze including storage capacity dust, noise filter types included elements also important for a good vacuum cleaner that you can use more time. What type of cleaner you home and you think is the best vacuum for hardwood floors your home?